Who we are
Scott Legal is an established and reliable legal firm based in Hoppers Crossing, providing services to business and individuals right across Victoria. Scott Legal was set up with the desire to bring a user-friendly service to people who understand the need for professional advice. We are available by appointment to start the journey with you and your business.
Meet the team
Leanne Scott, a solicitor (LL.B, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice), is admitted to practice in all courts in Victoria and the federal court jurisdiction and has a Masters of Law (Commercial Law) (LL.M).
Leanne is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria.
Prior to Leanne’s admission she was a Legal Executive (F.Inst.Legal.Exec., Adv Dip Business (Legal Practice)) with over 20 years’ experience in substantial legal firms. During her career, Leanne has worked on substantial and complex legal matters through to smaller matters.
Leanne believes clients deserve the best service and understands clients’ broader needs by keeping clients regularly informed, explaining processes and giving advice in plain language.
To discuss your legal matters with Leanne, please email: [email protected].
Adrian Ng, a solicitor (LL.B, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice), is admitted to practice in all courts in Victoria and the federal court jurisdiction and is also a member of the Law Institute of Victoria. In addition, Adrian is admitted as an advocate and solicitor in the High Court of Malaya (Malaysia).
Adrian started his practice of law in Australia as a property lawyer and has extensive experience across a wide spectrum of real estate transactions including reviewing and negotiating agreements, transfers of property, licence agreements, sales and purchases etc.
In addition to property law, Adrian assists in other areas of Scott Legal including estate planning, debt recovery and insolvency, commercial matters including leases, sales and purchase of business etc.
Other than English, Adrian is fluent in the languages of Malay and Mandarin, Hokkien dialect.
To discuss your property transaction or your legal matters with Adrian, please email: [email protected].
Kerrie Bell, Para Legal, has been a part of the Scott Legal team since 2019. Kerrie provides para legal support within our firm in the areas of Conveyancing, Estate Planning and Deceased Estates.
Prior to working at Scott Legal, Kerrie has accumulated over 30 years’ experience working in the legal industry.
Kerrie provides a warm, caring and respectful attitude to our clients.
What we can offer you
Scott Legal has worked on a broad range of matters in commercial and litigation areas of practice. Ranging from very large-scale litigation through to smaller matters, including: -
- Business structuring and advice
- Acting for vendors and purchasers in sales and purchases of businesses
- Employment law issues, drafting employment agreements, restraint of trade
- Franchise documents, franchisor and franchisee advice, including disputes
- Contract drafting, advice and negotiations, terms and conditions, heads of agreement, licence agreements
- General commercial advisory work in a range of sectors
- Drafting and advising on commercial and retail leases
- Consultancy role to large public company across 13 countries providing advice, drafting and negotiating contracts for services, supply and consultancy agreements, tender submissions, reseller agreements, memorandums of understanding, sub-contractor and teaming agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Setting up practices and procedures for business
- Litigation proceedings in all Victorian jurisdictions, interstate and the Federal Court involving a range of commercial issues including interlocutory applications, enforcement, dispute resolution
- Insolvency, including winding up proceedings, applications to set aside, public examinations and proceedings initiated by liquidators
- Debt recovery and management
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Applying for trademarks and copyright disputes
- Directors’ disputes, including assisting clients throughout the process whilst preserving the company
- Claims for damages for wrongful termination of agreements
- Australian Consumer Law actions for misleading and deceptive conduct and related issues
- Small Business Commissioner mediations involving retail tenancy disputes and franchise disputes
- VCAT planning disputes, disciplinary action, retail tenancies and other general disputes
- Drafting wills and Powers of Attorney, applying for Probate and Letters of Administration, acting in disputes challenging wills
- Conveyancing sale and purchase, survivorship application, transfer of property, lodging & removal of caveats, mortgagee registration and review of lifestyle village contracts to purchase