Resolving business disputes is complex and requires a flexible and commercial approach. Scott Legal work with you to resolve disputes without resorting to the courts unless necessary. Being involved in a dispute is distressing, costly and a time-consuming process.
Wherever possible we will work with you to resolve the dispute and avoid litigation. However, if the matter needs to go through a formal litigation process we have the skills and experience to strongly represent your interests. We will advise you frankly on your legal rights in relation to the dispute. If we do not think you have a strong action, we will tell you and encourage you to resolve the matter as soon as you can in an appropriate commercial manner. We will advise you frankly on your legal rights in relation to the dispute so that you can make an informed decision as to the best commercial outcome for you.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Disputes involving breach of contract
- Leasing disputes
- Disputes arising from the sale or purchase of business
- Intellectual property disputes
- Franchise disputes
- Supply and distribution disputes
- Debt collection
- Employment disputes
- Shareholder / director disputes
- Misrepresentation issues/ misleading and deceptive conduct
- Wrongful termination of contracts